COBIT5 is the latest edition of ISACA's globally accepted framework. It provides an end-to-end business view of the governance of enterprise IT, reflecting the central role of information and technology in creating value for enterprises of all sizes. The principles, practices, analytical tools and models found in COBIT 5 embody thought leadership and guidance from business, IT and governance experts around the world.
COBIT 5 provides guidance to executives and those charged with making decisions concerning the use of technology in support of organizational objectives. COBIT 5 helps business leaders address the needs of all stakeholders across the enterprise and ultimately maximize the value from information and technology.
COBIT5 Foundation is suitable for anyone working in IT services requiring more information about the IT governance best practice framework as well as:
- Quality professionals
- Process managers and practitioners
None, although a familiarity with IT and enterprise governance will be beneficial.
- Achieve strategic goals and realize business benefits through the effective and innovative use of IT.
- Support compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies and gain competitive edge over other organizations.
- Reduce complexity and increase cost-effectiveness due to improved and easier integration of information security standards, good practices and/or sector-specific guidelines resulting in operational excellence through reliable, efficient application of technology.
- Improved integration of information security in the enterprise, resulting in increased user satisfaction with information security arrangements and outcomes.
- Understanding of responsibilities and roles in cybersecurity within the organization.
- Better understanding of current cybersecurity posture and risks to the organization.
- Understanding of actions required to close gaps between current cybersecurity posture and target state.
- How IT management issues are affecting organisations
- The need for an effective framework to govern and manage enterprise IT
- How COBIT meets the requirement for an IT governance framework
- How COBIT is used with other standards and best practices
- The functions that COBIT provides and the benefits of using COBIT
- The COBIT Framework and all the components of COBIT
- How to apply COBIT in a practical situation
The COBITv5 Foundation course is available in the following delivery methods:
- TOD – Training On Demand (Self-Paced)
- Multiple Choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 mark or more required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
- 40 minute duration
- Closed book.
Attendees passing the exam will be awarded the internationally accredited and recognized COBIT5 Foundation certificate from ISACA.